Request Receipts on Every EMail
SUMMARY: Tired of recipients claiming they don’t receive your e-mail? Force all e-mail to come with a delivery and/or read receipt request.
If you’re concerned that your e-mail sent with Microsoft Outlook 2007 is not reaching its destination, you can configure the software to request read and/or delivery receipts on every e-mail sent.
Note that delivery and read receipts will only be sent by software programs that support them, such as Outlook and Outlook Express. Also note that some people may have receipts disabled in Outlook, so you won’t receive confirmations from them.
1. Select “Tools” – “Options”.
2. The “Options” multi-tabbed dialog box appears. Click the “Preferences” tab.
3. Click the E-mail Options button.
4. When the E-mail Options dialog box appears, click the “Tracking Options” button.
5. When the “Tracking Options” dialog box appears, underneath “For all messages I send, request”, check or uncheck “Read receipt” and “Delivery Receipt” as desired.
6. Click “OK” on the dialog boxes to close them.
Return to the Microsoft Outlook 2007 page.comments powered by HyperComments