Summary: Toggle displaying scroll bars to zoom through larger Word 2007 documents.
Depending on your Microsoft Word 2007 configuration and the size of your current document, vertical and/or horizontal scroll bars may appear. This lets you easily navigate through documents too big to be displayed onscreen at once.
Some people may wish to disable these scroll bars to increase the amount of room available to view or edit the current document. Removing scroll bars does not limit the ability to navigate through larger documents. Scrolling can still be done using the keyboard with the cursor keys, Page Up / Page Down keys, etc.
To toggle scroll bars on or off:
1. Access the Microsoft Word 2007 Options menu.
2. Click "Advanced" in the left pane.
3. Scroll down to the "Display" section.
4. Check or uncheck "Show horizontal scroll bar" and/or "Show vertical scroll bar" as desired.
5. Click "OK" to close the "Word Options" dialog box.
Last Modified on: July 13, 2008, at 12:04 A.M. EDT
Return to the Microsoft Word 2007 page.