If you need to add symbols such as a copyright symbol, trademark symbol, or registered trademark symbol to your Microsoft Word 2007 document, there are a few ways to do so, including the following:
The following keyboard shortcuts will insert special characters:
Copyright Symbol: Alt + Ctrl + C
Trademark Symbol: Alt + Ctrl + T
Registered Trademark Symbol: Alt + Ctrl + R
If Autocorrect is turned on (which it is by default), you can enter the following text and Word will automatically convert it to the desired symbol:
Copyright Symbol: (c)
Trademark Symbol: (tm)
Registered Trademark Symbol: (r)
If you prefer to use the Ribbon or need to access other symbols, do the following:
1. Click the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of Word 2007.
2. In the "Symbols" group click the "Symbol" command.
3. A pop-up will appear, allowing you to select from several frequently-used symbols.
4. If necessary, click the "More Symbols" button on the pop-up to open the "Symbol" dialog box.
From the "Symbol" dialog box you can:
* Double-click a variety of symbols to add them to the current Word 2007 document
* Click the "Font" and "Subset" pull-downs to look for symbols in other fonts
5. Close the "Symbol" dialog box when done.
Press the "print" button on your browser or select "File" - "Print" to print this tip. Then,
return to Microsoft Word 2007 - Insert Copyright, Trademark, Other Symbols.
Standard disclaimer applies - Read http://tipsforwordprocessing.com/copyright-disclaim.html.