Microsoft Word 2003 Pictures and WordArt – Give Your Documents a Background Picture
To spice up your Word 2003 documents, you can give them background pictures or photographs that will repeat themselves on every page. For maximum text readability, consider choosing photos or pictures with large areas of whitespace or change your text color to help make it stand out from the picture’s colors.
1. Choose “Format”, “Background”, then “Fill Effects”.
2. When the “Fill Effects” multi-tabbed dialog box appears, select the “Picture” tab.
3. Click the “Select Picture” button.
4. Browse your computer for your picture file to use and click “Insert”.
5. Click “OK” to close the dialog box.