Go Metric – Or Other Units of Measurement
Summary: Word 2007 can use the metric system or other units of measurement.
By default, Microsoft Word 2007 uses your operating system’s locale default units of measurement for objects such as the ruler. However, if you would like to switch to a different measurement unit, such as centimeters or inches, perform this tweak:
Changing Word 2007’s measurement units
2. Select “Advanced” in the left pane.
3. Scroll down to the “Display” section.
4. Next to “Show measurements in units of”, click the pull-down and choose one of the following:
* Points (a typography unit of measurement, 1/72 inch)
* Picas (a typography unit of measurement, 12 points or 1/6 inch)
5. Click “OK” to save your settings.