Grayscale an Image
Summary: Convert an image in your Word 2003 document to grayscale.
Example image of fish in a Word 2003 document, converted to grayscale..
1. If you are planning on printing the document on a grayscale printer (or a color printer in grayscale mode), converting the image may show a more accurate representation onscreen of how the document will look when printed.
2. If your document will be mass-distributed (such as a flyer) or faxed, you may wish to go ahead and grayscale the image.
3. Sometimes you may want to just grayscale an image for artistic reasons.
To perform this tip:
1. Click on an image to convert.
2. If the “Picture” toolbar is not visible (as seen below), right-click the image and click “Show Picture Toolbar”.
3. Click the “Color” button on the Picture Toolbar and select “Grayscale”.