Summary: Force Word 2003 to stop replacing ordinal numbers such as 1st and 2nd.
Depending on your configuration, Microsoft Word 2003 may automatically change keyed-in ordinal numbers such as 1st and 2nd with superscripted counterparts.
Example of replaced ordinals with superscripted text
To toggle this behavior:
1. Select "Tools" - "AutoCorrect Options".
2. When the "AutoCorrect" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "AutoFormat" tab.
3. Check or uncheck "Ordinals (1st) with superscript" as desired.
4. Click the "AutoFormat As You Type" tab and repeat the above step.
5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Last Modified on: September 8, 2008, at 8:39 A.M. EDT
Return to the Microsoft Word 2003 Miscellaneous page.