Give Your Text a Healthy Glow
SUMMARY: Text can stand out in a Word 2010 document by glowing in a variety of colors and sizes.
Among the many ways you can make text stand out in Microsoft Word 2010 is to have it glow. You can choose from a variety of pre-made glow effects, or go nuts and tweak the color of the glow, its size, and its transparency.
1. Select the text that you would like to glow.
2. Select the “Home” tab in the Ribbon.
3. In the “Font” group, click the “Text Effects” button (it looks like a glowing letter A).
Accessing Text Effects in Word 2010
4. Select “Glow” from the pop-up menu.
5. From here a secondary pop-up menu appears where you can select from various types of pre-made glow effects or “No Glow”.
Selecting a text glowing effect in Word 2010
If you want more control over the glow, click the “Glow Options” menu item in the secondary pop-up menu. From here, the “Format Text Effects” dialog box opens, allowing you to customize:
* Color (choose from presets or click the “More Colors” menu item to choose any color)
* Size (from 0 to 150 pt)
* Transparency (100% is an invisible glow (transparent), 0% is completely opaque – you’ll probably want to settle for somewhere in the middle)
Click the “Close” button on the dialog box when you are done tweaking the Glow effect.
Tweaking the Glow effect in Word 2010comments powered by HyperComments