Force All Documents to Open in a Particular View
SUMMARY: If you open many PowerPoint 2010 documents daily and every author saves them with their own view, force PowerPoint to start on one particular view.
If you work in an office environment requiring the opening of many Microsoft PowerPoint 2010presentations from a variety of authors, you may have noticed that presentations get saved with a variety of views. Perhaps one person was working on Notes when they saved their presentation, another likes using the Outline View, and yet another forgoes notes and displays slides along with thumbnails.
Instead of opening every presentation in the view saved inside the file, you can force PowerPoint 2010 to open every presentation in the view you desire.
1. Select the “File” tab in the Ribbon.
2. The Microsoft Office Backstage View appears. Click the “Options” button.
(Or instead of steps 1 and 2, press Alt + T, then the letter O.)
3. The “PowerPoint Options” dialog box appears. Click “Advanced” in the left pane.
4. Underneath “Display”, next to “Open all documents using this view”, click the pull-down. From here you can choose from the following options:
* The view saved in the file (default)
* Normal – outline, notes and slides
* Normal – thumbnails, notes and slide
* Normal – outline and slide
* Normal – thumbnails and slide
* Normal – notes and slide
* Normal – slide only
* Outline Only
* Slide Sorter
Configuring PowerPoint 2010 to open documents in a particular view
5. Click “OK” on the bottom-right of the dialog box to close it.