Disable Name Auto Suggest
SUMMARY: Prevent Outlook 2007 from automatically suggesting names when you create messages.
By default, when creating an e-mail message in Microsoft Outlook 2007, when you type part of an e-mail address in the “To”, “Cc”, or “Bcc” fields, Outlook will attempt to suggest a matching e-mail address based on what you have used previously.
While this convenience feature may save you some typing, some people may not wish these popup suggestions to appear. Thus, they can be removed.
Note that this is not a true auto-complete feature as these suggestions can be ignored. However, if you click the address by accident or press the Tab key, this feature may seem like auto-completion.
Example of Outlook 2007 suggesting an e-mail address
1. Select “Tools” – “Options”.
2. The “Options” multi-tabbed dialog box appears. Click the “Preferences” tab.
3. Click the E-mail Options button.
4. When the E-mail Options dialog box appears, click the “Advanced E-mail Options” button.
5. The “Advanced E-mail Options” dialog box appears. Underneath “When sending a message”, uncheck “Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields”.
6. Click “OK” on the dialog boxes to close them.comments powered by HyperComments